Sunday, November 4, 2012

If it keeps on rainin', levee's goin' to break

Since i've started my other blog, i've stopped posting art here, so today i decided to post a few works that recently inspired (or whatever), the ones that i find interesting, or touching in some way. umm..but maybe first some music.;>

Led Zeppelin When the Levee Breaks



(clik on the photos to enlarge)
Annunciation by Jan van Eyck (1434)
 Fascination with the old Masters works.
Midsummer's Eve by Edward Hughes (1908)
 It's pure magic.
Just take a look at other Hughes' works and you'll say the same.

Enid and Geraint by Rowland Wheelwright (1907)
 Just for the good medieval time's sake.(well maybe not so good.;d)
Changing The Letter by Joseph Edward Southall (1861-1944)

by Mikael Bourgouin (contemporary artist)

Vanitas still life by Pieter Claesz (1630)

Portrait of Jaroslava by Alphonse Mucha (19th/20th Century)
 All time love - Alfons Mucha.<3 but this time not in "Mucha" style.
Study, The Water's Edge by Berthe Morisot (19th Century)

The Lanterns by Charles Courtney Curran (19th Century)

American Barns by Eyvind Earle (20th Century)


Ancient Forest by Eyvind Earle (20th Century)
 I just came across Earle's works and I find them really fantastic. The colours are wonderful, and his just look at American Barns, this work is so simple, but ain't it simply awesome? Now look at the next work, it's really fascinating, again, it looks simple and geometrical, but there's this magical atmosphere. And the last work Sleeping Beauty I don't know if he was one of  artists working on the Disney movie, but for me it looks a little bit as if he worked for Disney then. I must check it later.
Sleeping Beauty by Eyvind Earle (20th Century)

Apple Tree, I by  Gustav Klimt (19th/20th Century)
 It's just so colourful! Love it!

Avond Evening the Red Tree by  Piet Mondrian (1910)
 I came across this work yesterday on Wikipainting. I just love the colors, the cold background and the warm tree. Reminds me a little bit of Van Gogh's Starry Night, and a little bit of Picasso (cause he was a master in mixing cold and warm colours in one work.)

Brontosaurus Civitas by Jacek Yerka (2004)
 This big something I assume Brontosaurus is really adorable, ain't it?;> Anyway I was really surprised to find out that the artist-Jacek Yerka was born in Torun.(Poland) As I've never heard of him before, I'm glad I did now.
by Charles Robinson
 Reminds me of Dulac's works. here's a my previous post about him, if you're interested.

Full Moon by Paul Klee (1919)
 I wouldn't thought before that I'd post something like this, but try to tell me this is not fun.

Idylls of the King by Gustave Dore (Romanticism--19th Century)

Ocean Waves by Katsushika Hokusai
Somekind of interest in the Japanese traditions.

Sleeping Nude with a Red Shawl by Zinaida Serebriakova (1930)

Woman Smiling by Lucian Freud (1959)
Now you could ask me what's so ....... about it? Well I find Freud's works interesting, sometimes maybe a little bit disgusting, but just a little. I like the fact that people on his works are not beautiful, that they are presented in a rather unpleasant way, although this artwork is pretty, I think.

Yes, that was a few.;D I hope you liked it. Some of this works've been already posted on the art blog so feel free to visit.;> I'm thinking of making more post like this, cause it's fun;>

No comments:

Post a Comment